Thursday 27 June 2013

Tutorial Thursdays Linky Party - Handmade Pendant

Welcome back to Tutorial Thursdays Linky Party.

Today I want to share with you an amazing handmade craft that a fellow Gonis Distributor shared with me. 

Once I tried to make a pendant like she had done, I was hooked, it is so easy, looks amazing and the variations are endless.

For this craft you will need:
Some Washers (Try to purchase nickle free or even better stainless steel)
2 or more colours of Gonis Decor* (A Universal paint)
Gonis Finisher* (A Water resistant Lack)
A Kebab stick or a toothpick

Gonis Decor

*I am a Gonis Distributor and use these products extensively for my crafts as I love their versatility and the high quality standard. If you cannot purchase these products in you area you will have to substitute them (hence the descriptions in brackets). For more info on these products please contact me

Handmade Pendant DIY

I am using a combination of black and pink Gonis Decor.
Start by making a ring as close to the inner edge as possible.
Continue to build up on the rings with the contrasting colours until you reach the outer edge.

Gonis Handmade Pendant

Using your Kebab stick pull the point through the still wet paint from the outside edge in.
Repeat at 3, 6 and 9 O'Clock positions.
Now, pull the Kebab stick from the inside edge to the outer edge in the middle of the "Petals" you have already formed.
Allow to dry.

Gonis Finisher

Once dry, cover with a layer of Finisher*.
Again, allow to dry.

DIY Handmade Pendant

Add a leather cord and you are good to go.
And there you have it, the easiest and most precious pendant, entirely handmade. My teenagers totally love this craft and have since made many a pendant for all their different outfits as well as gifts for their friends etc. Here are some examples of their discs :)

gonis decor discs washers

I would love to see your pendants if you make some!

Now it is your turn - what have you been up to this week?

Please feel free to link up your crafts below.

They do not have to be tutorials, I would love to see any crafts.

I have started a new Sunday Linky Party for Social Media/Blogging Tips and Tricks 

 If you would like to link up your tips and tricks on this topic you can link them HERE
Rules for todays' Craft Linky Party:
  • Firstly, your link must be craft related! Please do not link up goodies which are on other topics. 
  • Grab my button below and showcase it somewhere on your blog OR create a visible link.
  • Do not Link if you are selling or advertising something. 
  • Be sure to only link the relevant Blogpost and not your whole blog.
  • Please be so kind and visit at least 2 other posts linked below, it is always nice to receive visitors, this is a linky party after all! :)
  • In linking below you are giving me the permission to use of your image if it is being featured the following week. If I am unable to use your image I can unfortunately not feature you.
  • Please do not link up stuff you have already linked up before!
  • Please note: I will remove content that does not abide by the rules mentioned above. 
Something NEW for this week:
This week I have enabled voting on each of the links posted below. Please vote for your favourite link - Voting opens on the 28th June - so tomorrow, so do come back and vote for your favourite link (Please be fair and do not vote for your own link ;)

I will feature the link with the most votes next week!!

Have a great Week.
This weeks linky is arranged in a random order, so that all your links get a chance to be at the top :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment, I really appreciate each and every one.
I will reply to each of your comments, sometimes it does take a while to get around to all of them, but I will reply within 24 hours of you posting. :)

Blog Archive