Thursday 20 June 2013

DIY Handmade Loops for Buttons & Hooks - Guest Post - Tutorial Thursdays Linky Party

Today I am thrilled to have a guest blogger over to teach us all something wonderful.
Welcome Joy from Joy's Jots, Shots & Whatnots, what a pleasure to have you over :)
Take it away Joy!

I was thrilled when Natalie asked me to do a Guest Post for "Marigold's Loft!"  So here is my tutorial to share with all her Readers.  Hoping everyone finds it useful for their next sewing project.   

I have no idea how I came about this method back in the 60s or 70s.  I think I made it up with crocheting in mind, because I did not enJOY stitching on loops that came with the hooks, and I definitely did not like to make button holes even with my machine. The loops work great especially on doll/baby/children clothing, and small opening at the neckline of an adult garment.

**************
For the most part, the pictures will give the directions.
Sew 3 loops!  That's 6 threads strong.

Update: This dress had a full dress facing, because it was made for an infant.  Most likely you'll be working with a normal facing, and will only need lift up the facing and just go under the facing to start the stitching rather than trying to pull the knot through the layer of fabric.

*****************************

Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

Thank you so much Joy, I thoroughly enjoyed your tutorial :)
Don't forget to grab your "Featured" Button below :)

”Marigolds

Now it is your turn - what have you been up to this week?

Please feel free to link up your crafts below.

They do not have to be tutorials, I would love to see any crafts.

:::NEW:::

I have started a new Sunday Linky Party for Social Media/Blogging Tips and Tricks - If you would like 
to link up your tips and tricks on this topic you can link them HERE


Rules for todays' Craft Linky Party:
  • Firstly, your link must be craft related! Please do not link up goodies which are on other topics. 
  • Grab my button below and showcase it somewhere on your blog OR create a visible link.
  • Do not Link if you are selling or advertising something. 
  • Be sure to only link the relevant Blogpost and not your whole blog.
  • Please be so kind and visit at least 2 other posts linked below, it is always nice to receive visitors, this is a linky party after all! :)
  • In linking below you are giving me the permission to use of your image if it is being featured the following week. If I am unable to use your image I can unfortunately not feature you.
  • Please do not link up stuff you have already linked up before!
  • Please note: I will remove content that does not abide by the rules mentioned above. 
Do you have your own Linky Party happening? I would love to hear about it!
Link it up HERE

Marigolds' Loft


Have a great Week.
This weeks linky is arranged in a random order, so that all your links get a chance to be at the top :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment, I really appreciate each and every one.
I will reply to each of your comments, sometimes it does take a while to get around to all of them, but I will reply within 24 hours of you posting. :)

Blog Archive