Wednesday 6 February 2013

Wednesday Posts



I thought that after 2012, time would start to slow down a little bit - apparently not!
Oh well, as long as I have something to show for my time, I am happy enough....just aging pretty fast :(

I am quite surprised at my monogamous relationship to my knitting this year.
My 2013 queue of projects to be done are all stash busters and so far I haven't wavered from the list at all. (More about that on Friday)

I am still busy with my scarf pattern from last week and am hoping to have it finished by Friday to show you all.
It is growing nicely but I am having the same problem I had with the first one in that it is getting so extremely LONG - The rows are starting to go on FOREVER. I guess I shouldn't complain, it is such an easy pattern that knitting and watching TV go hand in hand :)


My neck felt back to normal over the weekend and I managed to finish the cap and the FREE pattern I have been promising you all.


If you would like to have a go at this pattern you can find it HERE

The final choices for our Online Book-Club: Book 2 are out for the vote and I would love it if you would cast your vote, (on the sidebar below Online Book-Club button) even if you don't want to take part. 
Even better is if you decide to join us - that would be awesome!
It will be interesting to see which one of the choices wins.
These are the books we are voting on:


My Sisters' Keeper - Jodi Picoult
Marcelo in the Real World - Fransisco X Stork
The Dovekeepers - Alice Hoffman
Friendship Bread - Darien Gee
The Girl from Snowy River - Jackie French
The Dressmaker of Khair Khana - Gayle Tzemach Lemmon

I hope to see you tomorrow for Tutorial Thursday. I will be showing you a last Valentines' Day Craft for this year, and will be using these goodies:


Come by and see what it will be and link up your creative goodies, I would love to see them.

Hasta manana wonderful people :)
x

I will be linking up with Tami and Ginny today.


28 comments:

  1. Busy Natalie:) You have a good nose for beautiful projects. Hope you enjoy every little stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth,
      Thank you so much :)
      Have a super Wednesday, hope you are not too cold!
      x

      Delete
  2. Well done with the stash busting! Scarf yarn looks interesting, I know what you mean about long rows, my ripple has 219 stitches and sometimes I feel like I'll never get to the end of a row!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma,

      Wow, 219 stitches! I dare not count mine. The Scarf yarn is from Drops, is rally nice to knit with, but then I am kinda biased when it comes to Drops, I love their yarns!
      Thanks for visiting.
      x

      Delete
  3. I worked on stash busting last year, but towards the end of the year I was itching for new yarn. I am still waiting on buying some new stuff, but I can feel a binge buying session coming on quickly :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,
      I think it has helped that my plate is overflowing with other things I am busy with right now, so I don't really have the time to consider what I am doing, I just get on with it when I have a moment. I also rarely have time to visit Ravelry right now (which definitely helps!)
      Thanks for your visit.
      x

      Delete
  4. I work on stash busting too, are you at Lindas Crafty Corner or Lanas de Ana? (Stash buster challenge 2013 - can you see at my blog, if you want ...) Your scarf looks pretty. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi terra3311,

      No I am not on the stash busting challenge, will check it out thank you :)
      Have a super day.
      x

      Delete
  5. Well done on the stash busting and you've a lovely project going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth,
      Thank you kindly,
      Have a fantastic Wednesday.
      x

      Delete
  6. What lovely work! I look forward to seeing how the scarf turns out. Thanks for designing such a great hat pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith,
      Thank you so much, and it is my pleasure :)

      Have a great day and thanks for visiting.
      x

      Delete
  7. Oh, it would take me ever so long (perhaps a lifetime) to work my way through my yarn stash. :) I've decided this year is going to be the year I finish writing all my patterns and finish all the projects I've laid aside! I picked up the first this week, a lacy shawl, and have made good progress. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      Well Done with your plans for this year, look forward to seeing all the lovely things you put together :)
      Thanks for visiting.
      x

      Delete
  8. I wish I could knit so wonderful as you. You're knitting is beautiful I love the colours.
    I read your words for my new reading!!!! I have hesitate a lot before picking the book. I will say you what I think about!!! Blessings from France

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra,
      Oh, but you do, your knitting is lovely :)
      I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the book.
      Thanks for visiting.
      x

      Delete
  9. ooh very cute patterns, very nice hat. I don't have time for reading groups BUT I would vote for my sister's keepers - it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki
      Thank you kindly :)
      My Sisters Keeper definitely on my To-Read list.
      Thanks for that.
      x

      Delete
  10. Hi atalie, thanks for visiting my blog (love yours) yes of course you can join the challenge it's running all year and maybe beyond, I will put your name on the list and your blog on my side bar. If you want to keep a total of the amount of yarn you have used just weigh your Jan projects and I will put the total up for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      Super, thanks so much, I will update my Blog in the next day or so to get going :)
      I will get back to you with the weight :)
      x

      Delete
  11. Wow wow! What beautiful projects. I should try that hat pattern to go with my mittens. Though it looks a bit more difficult than anything I've ever done! Here's to trying new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      I do hope you will try the pattern, I will be here if you need help along the way :)
      Thanks for visiting.
      x

      Delete
  12. What a great earflap hat! Your scarf is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cap! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    Here's my WIP : http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-75/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hat! and your shawl looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment, I really appreciate each and every one.
I will reply to each of your comments, sometimes it does take a while to get around to all of them, but I will reply within 24 hours of you posting. :)

Blog Archive